Thursday 17 November 2011

The Brighton Anglers' Central Depot

Once Upon a Time in Arcadia, and especially on a Thursday ladies and gentlemen anglers in the south coast town of Brighton would have found themselves loitering in the 'Cheapest House in Brighton' also known as The Brighton Central Anglers' Depot.  Here they could obtain 'Practical Experience of Local Requirements' and pick up a Local Tide Table 'Gratis'.   Should you find yourself in Brighton today, being a Thursday, you may also wish to loiter outside the Depot which you would have found at 24 Duke Street (One door from West Street) after which an ale in the Bird in the Hand Public House may be in order.  

Alternatively, should you find yourself in the city of London you are invited to loiter at my stall in Spitalfields Antiques Market where every Thursday as a dealer in Vintage Fishing Tackle for the Soul I give you my word that I will do my best not to sell you anything 'cheap'.